BOARD OF TRUSTEES & THE SUPPORT TEAM
The Jersey Cattle Society of the UK is lead and managed by a Board of Elected Members. Each Trustee gives their time voluntarily and are elected by members of the Society at the Annual General Meeting.
The Trustees are supported by a team of individuals who deliver the work of the Society under the direction of the Board of Trustees.
Meet the JCS Board of Trustees & the support team
Tel: 01335 345156
Tel: 01335 345156
The President aims to guide and assist the Jersey Cattle Society Board & Members with all aspects involving the Jersey breed to promote its attributes and qualities. The President will endeavour to attend Board meetings, club meetings, Jersey Cattle Society functions, open days & field events, as invited. Alongside meeting and supporting the members, commercial farmers and customers for our milk at the major shows across the country.
- Provides leadership & direction to the Board of Trustees, ensuring each Trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
- Support and work closely with the Company Secretary, National Office and Field Service Officer to ensure that the Society functions as a unit, towards achieving the charity’s agreed objectives.
- Representative for the Society and the Jersey breed, representing the Society at selected external events.
- Providing written updates to members about the activities of the Society and the annual report at the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensure the Society is financially prudent and meets the compliance requirements as defined by the Charities Commission.
- Oversee the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
- Hold an annual review with the Society’s Accountant as a minimum.
- Present the annual accounts at the Annual General Meeting.
- Approval of all financial decisions and payments made by the Society.
- Oversee the work of the Society’s book keeper including GAD claims.
- Panel representative on any interview panel for new suppliers or new Society agreements.
- Promote the value of Jersey milk.
- Develop commercial breeder involvement.
- Look for opportunities to engage and encourage research and industry initiatives involving the Jersey breed.
- Support projects that increase the demand for Jersey milk and Jersey produce.
- JCS Herd Book – lead Director.
- UK Show & Judge Approval for pedigree Jersey classes.
- Overseeing of the Judges Panel and Conference.
- Oversee the All-Britain & Milk Production competition.
- Encourage new JYB members.
- Ensure JYB are compliant with legislation.
- Oversee the annual JYB Weekend.
- Develop JYB Awards and Competitions.
- Secure sponsorship for JYB.
- Oversee the content and production of Society’s publication: The UKJT.
Delivery of the day to day management and administration of the following Society work under the direction of the Society’s Trustees including:
- Company Secretary Services.
- Herd book including genomics, DNA and foreign bull registrations.
- Management of the Society’s finances including gift aid under the direction of the Finance Director.
- Working alongside the Society’s Field Service Officer.
- Overseeing the coordination of Society events and competitions.
- Marketing: Developing the new website and online communications for members.
- Membership and membership services.
- Administration of Society events and competitions, including the JYB weekend, All Britain All Breeds Calf Show, Milk Production Awards and All Britain Photographic Competition.
- Animal Registrations.
- Providing member support to members across the UK.
- Show Attendance.
- JCS National Show.
- Animal Registrations Queries.
- DNA & Genomic testing.
- Bull Registrations including imported semen.
- Embryo registrations.